Thursday, March 27, 2014

Finishing Finish Well

I started a blog two years ago that ... well ... never really went anywhere. At the time I thought I was at this major personal and career crossroads. Therefore, I decided that I needed to wrap up a bunch of things before setting off on my new adventure. So I started a blog to chronicle the journey, called Finish Well.

Let's just say that life intervened.

And nothing got finished.

So I've decided to lay Finish Well to rest and start afresh.




[Side note: Where do old blogs go to die? Do they just sit out there, wasting away, covered in Internet dust? I don't want to delete it and lose some pretty decent writing and family history. Must ponder this.]

Why Domestic Diva Disaster?
People keep telling me I'm funny when I talk about my house and my kids. And, frankly, we are pretty funny.

In a twisted, cautionary-tale kind of way.

So I decided to play to my strengths. Focus the blog on what I do best: writing about what I do worst.

Welcome to Domestic Diva Disaster.

I'd like to be Martha Stewart or anyone on DIY network ... but I'm not.

I'd like to be June Cleaver or Carol Brady ... or even Claire Huxtable ... but I'm not.

I'm more like a cross between Roseanne, The Odd Couple (both of them), with just a dash of Cheaper by the Dozen thrown in for good measure. (The new one, not the old one. As in: the eggs flying, frog jumping, teacup breaking, all while trying to write a book one.)

So I'll be using this space to make fun of myself and talk about my crazy family.

But in the meantime, here are links to a few of my favorite posts from Finish Well in case you missed them. Taken together, they give a pretty decent picture of my everyday life.

From Start to Finish: The post that started it all.

Life's Little Interruptions: What happens when I decide to chronicle just what I do in a typical work day. Warning: Contains explicit vomit references.

T Minus 18 Hours (aka The Domestic Diva Disaster goes public): The one with all the gory "before" pictures from cleaning my office.

Sleepless Night: Not gonna make the highlight reel at the end of my mothering career.

RIP Thelma: Saying good-bye to a feisty old broad.

Meet Diane: Saying hello to my new girl.

Holidays Make Me Feel Incompetent: Self explanatory.

Welcome to the jungle!

DDD

No comments:

Post a Comment