Sunday, February 8, 2015

Why I Hate Facebook

Yesterday a friend had posted on her page that her daughter had requested one of those necklaces with two parts. You keep one half and give the other half to your Best Friend! She gave the other half to her brother, who gladly put it on. She was proudly gushing about how close they are, how they really are best friends, and how one day the other will volunteer to be a live brain donor so they can not only be best friends, but also think the exact same thing at the exact same time.

[OK. That last part was false and just a little snarky.]

When I read posts like that, I'm jealous. I soooo want this for my boys. But at this point in their lives, I'm be lucky if they are speaking to each other at the end of each day. There is absolutely nothing wrong with her being happy that her kids love each other. There is nothing wrong with her saying so on Facebook.

I'm. Just. Freaking. Jealous.

So .... last night after I read the post, I commented:




Fast forward to this morning.

[Sunday confession: Herb is out of town with the minions. Sandy spent the night away because he was up half the night working on a school project. So I'm alone in the house on a Sunday morning. Even though I woke up early this morning, I read a novel and drank a cup of coffee instead of doing my quiet time. Then I got on Facebook ostensibly to check on good news from a girl in my boys' school who is fighting cancer, but instead I clicked on my news feed.]

Oh, goody! More people had comments on my friend's post about her kids who are Best Friends! I'm sure others are also bemoaning how their kids should be cage fighting instead of in elementary school. Let me postpone my quiet time again to read these comments, which are sure to assuage my fears that my children will end up on Jerry Springer or Dr. Phil.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.


Some comments:

"Good raising!"

"That's called good parenting and Christ in the center!"

Crap, crap, crap.


If kiddos who love each other and buy necklaces declaring that they're Best Friends! have Good raising! does that mean that my kids are the result of bad raising?

If sibling harmony is the result of Christ in the center! who's at our family's center? Satan?

*sigh*

Excuse me while I go eat banana pudding for breakfast ... in bed ... and finally do my quiet time. After which, if I still feel like a crappy parent, I may pop onto Amazon and see if anyone makes a necklace appropriate for my boys. Perhaps one that says...

"I barely tolerate your existence, and would probably choose to never be in your presence again if we were not genetically bound together and live in close proximity. Until such time as I am self-sufficient and of a majority age, I will continue to harrass you, beat you, call you names, make fun of you in front of your friends, blame you for things I have obviously done, and in general make your life a living hell."

I'm sure someone makes that, right?

DDD








No comments:

Post a Comment